Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Subway Incident


The Subway Incident
Originally uploaded by devastationstudios.

I took this photo on the New York subway, and I have to say that I regret it. This bird was not nearly as friendly as some. Immediately after he saw the flash bulb go off, he turned and stormed straight in my direction. He put his face inches away from mine, and lifted his arm and poked me in the chest, menacingly.

"Give me the camera." He demanded.

"No way, this camera was expensive. If you want, I'll just delete the photo." I said, even though I had no intention of deleting the photo.

"No, that's not good enough. I need to know that the photo is gone forever." He said without hesitation.

He was clearly beginning to get frustrated. I didn't want to delete the photo, let alone give him my $5000 camera, but I wasn't about to get into a fight with this bird. Fortunately, there were a few police officers nearby, so in the event that he started a fight, it likely would be broken up before getting out of hand. I tried to calm him down as best I could, but he just seemed to get angrier. So I did what I thought was the only real thing I could do. I sucker punched him and ran as fast as I could. I heard a substantial amount of profanity behind me, as well as some demands to stop from police officers as I ran, but due to the crowd, they was never able to catch me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home